THE QUEEN’S OWN CORPS OF GUIDES, PUNJAB FRONTIER FORCE – SOWAR – 1885
Delivery Time 1 - 5 Business days
It was in December 1846 that Lieut. H. B. Lumsden raised a troop of cavalry and two companies of infantry at Peshawar and from that moment until 1922, the Guides were one Corps.
In 1876, HM Queen Victoria was pleased to make them a royal regiment. Three Royal Cypher was granted for use on their appointments and they became The Queen’s Own Corps of Guides.
This regiment’s uniform was drab with facings in red and lace in drab silk. From the regulations of 1886 and 1901 to 1914 there was very little changes in the uniform of the Guides. The blue and white colour of the turban for the troops, is the same at the pugri of the British officers, however the Indian officers had a blue, white and gold turban.
Size or Dimensions
54MM METAL KIT